Local Roofing Contractor sponsoring No Roof Left Behind™ free roof give away for one Asheville & surrounding county homeowner in need *
Asheville, North Carolina – Our Balken Roofing team has partnered up with No Roof Left Behind once again and we are now accepting nominations until March 23, 2015 for a free roof on our website at, www.BalkenRoofing.com.
There are a few conditions for the program. Nominees must own the home they are living in and be a resident of Buncombe, Henderson, Madison, Haywood, Transylvania, or McDowell County. Also, the free roof recipient must be current on his/her mortgage payments. Our committee will review all the nominees and four will be selected as finalists.
The four finalists’ stories and photos will be displayed on our Balken Roofing’s No Roof Left Behind homepage. From April 1-April 17, 2015 the public will able to vote on the finalist they feel is most deserving. The roof winner will be revealed online on April 24, 2015 and the installation celebration will be held shortly thereafter.
Our Balken family is celebrating 3 generations in the roofing industry. “We don’t just work in Buncombe County. We live here, shop here and have raised our families here. We wanted to let the community know just how important they are to us,” says Bob Balken, president of Balken Roofing. “We have always been involved in community projects since we started our business. Giving away a free roof seemed like a logical way to do that, and this is a very creative way to get the community to join us.”
One of the most important things to our Balken Roofing family is community outreach. When a fellow contractor from Tarpon Springs, FL highlighted the No Roof Left Behind program as a way to thank communities for their support, Bob Balken knew it would be a great fit for the big hearted team at Balken Roofing. “We are just so excited about implementing a philanthropic program like this at home,” says Balken. “It is just a natural fit here in Asheville and surrounding areas. We recognize that not everyone can afford to get his or her roof replaced. But having a secure roof overhead can bring peace of mind to a family in need.”
Other local businesses are asked to show their community appreciation as well. “We think it’s a great way to rally the community together,” offers Chad Balken, residential estimator at Balken Roofing. “That’s why we’re inviting other local county businesses to show support by way of donations. You don’t have to swing a hammer or even get dirty to help out. Just give us a call and we’ll find a place for you.” Last year, we had huge support for other local businesses around the community and it was much appreciated from our Balken Roofing team and the free roof recipients.
For more information about Balken Roofing, or our No Roof Left Behind program please call 828-628-0390 or nominate at NoRoofLeftBehind.com
Balken Roofing | (828) 628-0390 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We know it’s tough but don’t get caught up in pumpkin carving, apple picking, and colorful fall hikes. Take responsibility and make sure your home is ready for the cold months rapidly approaching. Our Balken Roofing team has prepared a checklist to do before Old Man Winter comes knocking on your door. You’ll want to make sure your home and business structures are ready for winter with this fall maintenance checklist because there is nothing worse than getting the first snowfall of the season and your not prepared.
- Insulate water pipes in areas exposed to cold temperatures and remember to crank up the thermostat a bit during extra cold periods.
- Have your chimney cleaned and maintained every year by a reputable professional. Build up can lead to a chimney fire. If you have fires regularly, your chimney should be inspected once a year. *Schedule a yearly visit to avoid a long wait during the busy season.
- Check for damage to your roof visually from the ground, looking for missing or damaged shingles. Debris such as branches and leaves can accumulate in valleys and cause blocked waterways. Bob Balken, owner at Balken Roofing suggests homeowners to receive an annual roof inspection by a qualified, licensed and insured local roofing contractor to avoid these unwanted roofing issues. Ask our team at Balken Roofing to set up an annual or bi-annual roofing maintenance program to prolong the life of you roof. The buildup of debris should be removed from the roof and gutters and pipe flashing and chimney flashings inspected. *Maintenance is key so you are not prematurely re-roofing your home*
- Have your gutters cleaned and checked as leaves can clog your gutter system causing water buildup and damage to your roof. *Be sure downspouts carry the water away from the foundation on your home .*
- Have your furnace cleaned and inspected by a qualified technician. This should be done annually. Don’t forget to clean or replace the filter!
- Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct and space under the dryer. Remove all lint, dust, and any other material. Every year, there are many deaths, injuries, and property loss due to dryer fires.
- Keep a fire extinguisher accessible. Make sure it is filled and ready for operation.
- Check smoke detectors. Make sure there is one on each floor of your home. Change the battery annually or when necessary.
Be sure to check off your fall maintenance checklist. If you need assistance with your roof or gutters call our Balken Roofing team today, 828-628-0390 Asheville or 843-352-2349 Charleston for your free no-obligation estimate. We will set up a time for a Balken team member to meet with you and assess your roofing needs.
Don’t be fooled, BE SMART!
- Receive at least three estimates on your project to help you make an educated decision
- Check for a long local history of fully satisfied customers
- Check Licenses
- Verify the contractor’s insurance is still valid by CALLING.
- Check with references you are provided
- Get EVERYTHING in writing
- Check for complaints and reviews through different agencies such as BBB or Angie’s List
- Use the contractor that you KNOW will deliver to you what is promised and done right the first time
With the economy just now beginning to recover, many companies and contractors went out of business over the past few years. With the industry beginning to pick up be sure to take account a few very important questions:
- Are contractors taking shortcuts you may not know about?
- Are contractors more than ever cheating customers in order to save time & money?
- Are contractors paying their material suppliers on time or even at all?
- Are contractors delivering the high-quality products and fine craftsmanship they have been promised?
If you answered yes to any of these questions above, sadly in many cases you would be correct. Due to the hard times over the last few years with the economic down fall, many contractors began taking shortcuts to cut cost. Cheaper prices but cheating the homeowner of the high-quality materials and fine craftsmanship promised. A cheap job cost should often be a red flag, especially in this industry. Consumers need to think about where the discounts are coming from and realize more than likely, the cheaper price is coming directly out of the quality of their project and investment.
Bottom line, don’t be fooled on April fool’s day by imitation contractors over promising and under delivering! Trust your instincts and contact a professional with a long local history of completely satisfied customers! Give us a call today, 828-628-0390 or fill out an estimate request form for your FREE no-obligation estimate.